Ram Football Update

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ram Football Update

Rams take the field at Blankenship.

Rams take the field at Blankenship.

Rams take the field at Blankenship.

Rams take the field at Blankenship.

M. Gibson, Reporter

Tears and smiles were on lots of people faces after this football season. With the record of 2-5, the Robertsville Rams have progressed since last year’s streak of 0-5. Although Robertsville did not win to Jefferson for the second year, they had many accomplishments this year.  “We actually played as a team unlike last year,” Trey Rowe captain of the Robertsville football team said when the question was asked what was the biggest accomplishment since last year.

“Team work and team attitude was better than last year and they worked harder than last year,” Coach James Branson also stated about the football team’s accomplishments. Other than the team’s accomplishments the team also got better as a whole.

Farewell to 8th grade

The 8th graders put in a lot of work with the help from their captains (Rowe, Adams, Williams, and Tate).  The 8th grade group stepped up in team work and leadership. The 8th grade was the “hardest working group” according to Coach Branson. The 8th grade group has stepped up since last year and has also progressed. The team’s attitude and team work have increased as a whole thanks to the 8th grade group.

Robertsville caught an L

Now here’s where the tears part comes in. Robertsville lost to Jefferson for the second time with the score of 16-12. Even though Robertsville lost to JMS, they had many achievements throughout the game. Many students and coaches agree that Robertsville should has won because of their effort and work ability. Robertsville was once ahead in the game, but then Jefferson got the ball and ran from the 50th yard line to the 10th. The team’s attitude was strong enough to win.

The RMS and JMS game was the last game of the season, and despite the loss they achieved many goals.