Trabalka Excels at ORHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Trabalka Excels at ORHS

Trabalka shares about the history of journalism with the Rambler staff.

Lily Haden, Reporter

[Editor’s Note: Kate Trabalka served as a mentor to the Rambler staff from 8/16-12/16 as part of the ORHS YLDCIP program. Students interviewed her to write a sample profile. The two best articles are posted on the Rambler site.]

A dancer, a club member, and an exceptional honor student, Kate Trabalka has been paving apath of success for herself throughout her career at the Oak Ridge High School. Trabalka is actively partof many ORHS clubs and out of school extracurriculars in her fourth year of high school. She is thepresident of the National Honor Society and is part of the following activities: Senior Steering, Key Club,Dance Cats, Wildcat Pride Club, and the Save the Bees Club.

The most stressful of these activities, Trabalka says, “Dance Cats is sometimes stressful because of the many practices and performances. And Senior Steering can be stressful because of the many fundraisers that have quick deadlines.” It’s very admirable that she can juggle all of these activates and still maintain an A average.

One thing that Trabalka believes is that she is a good academic influence upon her younger sister, who is just starting her freshman year at Oak Ridge High School. “I think I am a good influence on her just because she sees me in school trying to get the good grades. I also try to encourage her to get her to get good grades,” Trabalka states. The senior has shown her younger sibling that it is okay to get help from the teachers for difficult subjects like math.

When asked what other activities she does outside of school, Trabalka responds with, “I dance, dance, dance, and teach dance.” Savanna Rouse, a fellow dance member says, “You can tell when you watch her dance that she is extremely passionate about dancing.” Trabalka wishes to major in Journalism and minor in Dance in her future Colleges. There is no doubt that Kate Trabalka is a truly unprecedented student and dancer.